Medicare Advantage Plans
Medicare Advantage Plans are available in many areas. If you have one of these plans, you don’t need a Medigap policy. These plans include:
- Health Maintenance Organizations (HMO)
- Preferred Provider Organizations (PPO)
- Private Fee-for-Service (PFFS) Plans
- Medical Savings Accounts (MSA)
- Special Needs Plans (SNP)
These plans may cover more services and have lower out-of-pocket costs than the Original Medicare Plan. Some plans cover prescription drugs (these plans are known as, MA-PD for Medicare Advantage-Part D). In some plans, like HMOs, you may only be able to see certain doctors or go to certain hospitals to get covered services.